When the unexpected happens and you have difficulty managing your Genoapay repayments, our team is here to help you get back on track.
What is financial assistance?
Financial assistance is when you want to make your repayments on your GenoaPay account but can't.
Financial assistance can be caused by many unexpected factors, and some of these may include:
- Injury or illness
- Unemployment or a reduction in income
- Relationship breakdown
- Mental health issues
- Domestic or family violence
- Financial abuse
- Problems with gambling
How can we help?
Experiencing financial difficulty can leave you feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what to do. But even when things aren’t going according to plan, it’s still important to have a plan to get back on track.
We are here to try and provide you with options that may help your situation, while always making sure we keep our commitment to being a responsible lender.
Paying your account on time is important, but we understand that sometimes this isn’t possible. If you’re struggling to make your payments, we encourage you to speak with us as soon as you can as paying late may impact your ability to obtain future credit.
Our arrangements are designed to offer solutions depending on your circumstances.
How can you apply for Financial Assistance?
For the quickest experience, we recommend completing our online application. We are also available over the phone. If you’d prefer to speak to someone, give us a call on 0800 436 625.
Once we’ve received your application, we'll let you know if we need more information.
Some useful information.
We want you to know that you’re not alone when going through financial difficulties. We’re here to help and these are a few other resources you can turn to for support and guidance.
Free and independent advice.
If you’re worried about your finances, you can get free and confidential advice from an independent service such as MoneyTalks. They offer over-the-phone budgeting support, or they can put you in touch with a local Financial Mentor for face-to-face help.
You’ll find a handy Budget Planner here to help you work out where you’re spending so you can budget more effectively.
Find more support.
- If you need help finding a financial counsellor, FinCap can provide you with contacts in your local area.
- If you need mental health support, we encourage you to talk to the Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand.
- If you’re needing support getting back to work, WINZ may be able to help.
- If you’re experiencing violence or abuse, you can safely contact any of the below to discuss your options in a confidential manner:
- If you’re experiencing problems with gambling, Gambling Helpline NZ or PGF Services may be able to help you.
Want to know more? Click here to view our other articles about Financial Assistance.